Welcome to the City, County and Local Government Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Established in 1973, the Section is committed to providing our members with the highest quality CLEs, networking opportunities, and resources to help them be successful, knowledgeable, and effective local government law attorneys.
As a member, you’ll have access to many benefits, including:
- Discounted CLEs: You’ll receive a discounted rate on all our Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs, including our popular annual Seminars and Conference, and shorter CLE webinars on current topics, throughout the year.
- Listserv Access: You will have access to the Section’s Listserv, through which our members share their wisdom and expertise and raise interesting questions of law. This is an excellent resource for networking.
- Stetson Law Review: Our Section is proud to maintain a partnership with the Stetson University College of Law, and supports the publication of the annual Local Government Law Symposium journal, which includes timely local government law articles and digests of relevant cases from the prior year. You will receive a free print copy of the Journal every year as a benefit of your membership in the Section. Interested in publishing an article in the Law Review? Reach out to the Section’s Stetson Law Review liaison, listed with the Section committee chairs, for more information.
- Scholarships & Grants: To help support the profession and inspire interest in local government law practice, the Section is pleased to provide annual scholarships to law students who demonstrate excellence and an interest in local government practice; annual grant funds for government agencies to hire law student clerks; and a diversity fellowship program to help pay for attendance at Section events. Contact the appropriate Section committee chairs for more information.
- Publication opportunities. The Section provides several publication opportunities for its members, by sponsoring member-written articles on local government law topics in the Florida Bar Journal; printing member articles in our quarterly newsletter, The Agenda; posting appropriate member content on the Section’s social media platforms; and encouraging publication in the Stetson Law Review (see above). Contact the appropriate Section committee chair for more information!
- CCLGL Board Certification. Florida Bar Board Certification in the area of City, County and Local Government Law demonstrates a lawyer’s significant commitment to and experience in this field of law. The Section supports its members in pursuing certification through its annual certification review seminar, and other resources.
We hope you find membership in the Section rewarding and beneficial!
Not a member yet? Join the City, County and Local Government Law Section now to enjoy all the benefits of membership!