We’re here for each other.
The CCLGL Section is committed to supporting its members by providing a means to share helpful emergency and hurricane-related resources. Below you will find links to emergency resolutions and other documents, which are provided for reference. While each community’s needs will be unique, we hope these documents will provide a starting point for attorneys researching options for advising their own clients and drafting local documents.
If you have documents or links to include on this page, please email that information to: email@example.com.
- Division of Emergency Management Order DEM 22-006 related to the waiver of in-person quorum and location requirements for public meetings in certain counties & circumstances (see order for details)
- The Florida Bar’s Hurricane Information Page
- Florida Statutes s. 252.38: Emergency management powers of political subdivisions
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Political Subdivision Ordinances, Declarations, and Orders (per FS 252.46)
- The Florida League of Cities (FLC) Disaster Resources
Local Power to Adopt and Enforce Emergency Measures PowerPoint Presentation (PDF) by Robert K. Lincoln (FMAA Webinar, July 25, 2020)
- Pinellas County Emergency Resolutions & Evacuation Orders
- Orlando’s 2022 Hurricane Ian State of Emergency Executive Order and Draft Curfew Order