We encourage all our members to be active in the Section. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- If you’re interested in Section Leadership, reach out to current Executive Committee or Executive Council members to express your interest in serving on the Executive Council.
- Contact Section Committee Chairs to assist with Section projects.
- Contact CLE program chairs to assist with coordinating CLEs.
- Attend Executive Council meetings to learn about the current business of the Section — all Section members are invited and welcome!
- Publish an article in the Section Newsletter, The Agenda, or submit an article on behalf of the Section for consideration for the Florida Bar Journal or the Stetson Law Review. Contact the Committee Chair for each publication for more details.
- Join the members-only ListDiscuss discussion forum to exchange insights on novel issues of local government law.
- Submit yourself or nominate a colleague for a CCLGL Section Member Spotlight.
- Share and like Section social media posts to help grow the Section’s visibility, membership, and reach.
- Are you an expert in a fascinating area of local government law? Reach out to the Executive Committee to offer to present a CCLGLS lunchtime webinar on the subject.
- Attend our CLEs, seminars, and conferences to network and build relationships with fellow members.
Diversity & Inclusion
The Section values diversity and understands that historically marginalized groups remain underrepresented in the legal profession. It is key to the mission of the City, County, and Local Government Law Section to be diverse and inclusive, with a goal of ensuring the Section mirrors our society in its membership and leadership. Contact our Diversity and Inclusion Committee members for more details.
If you are interested in getting more involved, but are limited by financial constraints, you may be eligible for our Diversity Fellowship Program.