We encourage all our members to be active in the Section. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- If you’re interested in Section Leadership, reach out to current Executive Committee or Executive Council members to express your interest in serving on the Executive Council.
- Contact Section Committee Chairs to assist with Section projects.
- Contact CLE program chairs to assist with coordinating CLEs.
- Attend Executive Council meetings to learn about the current business of the Section — all Section members are invited and welcome!
- Publish an article in the Section Newsletter, “The Agenda,” or submit an article on behalf of the Section for consideration for the Florida Bar Journal or the Stetson Law Review. Contact the Committee Chair for each publication for more details.
- Attend our CLEs, seminars, and conferences to network with fellow members.
Diversity & Inclusion
The Section values diversity and understands that historically marginalized groups remain underrepresented in the legal profession. It is key to the mission of the City, County, and Local Government Law Section to be diverse and inclusive, with a goal of ensuring the Section mirrors our society in its membership and leadership. Reach out to our Diversity and Inclusion Committee members for more details.
If you are interested in getting more involved, but are limited by financial constraints, you may be eligible for our Diversity Fellowship Program.