Assistant City Attorney, Cape Coral
Expires: March 12, 2022*
Summary: The City of Cape Coral seeks an Assistant City Attorney with experience in litigation related to local government and local government law. Under the general direction of the City Attorney, the primary duties will consist of general litigation for the office. Duties will also include transactional work in areas of local government including, but not limited to, researching legal questions and rendering legal opinions, preparing resolutions and ordinances, and reviewing contracts. Qualified applicants must be a member of The Florida Bar in good standing with at least three years of legal experience. Anticipated starting salary at $75,524.80 – $100,006.40, depending on experience.
To Apply: Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/capecoral. Questions: contact City of Cape Coral Human Resources Department, P.O. 150027, Cape Coral, FL 33915-0027. Telephone: (239) 574-0530; Position open until filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Private Firm Local Government Attorney
Expires: February 29, 2022*
Summary & To Apply: The Orlando-based law firm of ShuffieldLowman has an immediate opening for a transactional local government law attorney. The ideal candidate would have at least 2-3 years of experience in local government law drafting ordinances and agreements and reviewing new development plans. General transactional real estate experience is also preferred but not required. ShuffieldLowman offers a competitive salary and working flexibility. The right candidate can work remotely or in one of the firm’s 6 offices in Central Florida. The position can be a part-time or full-time depending on the desires of the candidate. For more information, please contact Mark Bridgeman at email@example.com.
Assistant County Attorney, St. Lucie County
Summary: The St. Lucie County Attorney’s Office is accepting applications for the position of an Assistant County Attorney. Membership in The Florida Bar is required. Effective oral and written communication skills are essential. A minimum of two years of legal work experience is preferred, but exceptional candidates with less experience may be considered. As a member of the County’s legal staff, the Assistant County Attorney represents advisory boards and departments, advises elected and administrative officials, represents the County in civil litigation, reviews contracts, and handles other cases and special projects as assigned by the County Attorney. Great benefits and competitive salary based on experience. Position open until filled.
To Apply: Apply online by clicking on the link below: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/stluciecountyfl/jobs/3343020/assistant-county-attorney-ii-031537?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Assistant City Attorney, Riviera Beach
Summary: The City of Riviera Beach is looking to hire an Assistant City Attorney. This position will primarily support the Human Resources Department.
Assistant City Attorney
- 03-Dec-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- City Attorney
- Riviera Beach, FL, USA
- $78,114 – $117,172.56
- Full Time
- The City of Riviera Beach offers a very competitive benefits package such as health, dental, retirement, leave and other great benefits
The purpose of this position is to provide legal representation to the city, under the administrative direction of the City Attorney. Position performs administrative and legal work in accordance with federal, state, and municipal laws.
This class works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
The essential functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
- Negotiate contracts ad review legal issues for City departments.
- Advise and review legal issues for Planning and Zoning Board and Community Development and attend bi-weekly meetings on Legal Advisor.
- Prepare and draft City resolutions, ordinances, and other legal documents.
- Prepare land use, employment, regulatory, foreclosure cases for trial, including responding to complaints and court filings.
- Supervise paralegal’s work in the management of cases and claims.
- Represent the City before employee pre-determination and civil service hearings in addition to negotiating labor contracts.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a degree of Juris Doctorate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
Requires two years legal experience in the practice of local government law and administrative practice, or a closely related field.
This position requires the successful passing of a background check and drug screening. The selected applicant must furnish upon request a valid driver’s license and educational credentials.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
Must be a member in good standing of the Florida Bar and Southern District of Florida.
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Thanks!
Legal Secretary & Paralegal Positions
Paralegal, City of North Port
Expires: March 13, 2022*
Summary: The City Attorney’s Office for the City of North Port is hiring a Paralegal to fill a full time position. Salary range is $51,649.01 – $77,473.73 annually.
Under the general direction of the City Attorney, this position is responsible for performing advanced paraprofessional and technical work assisting attorneys with a wide variety of civil law matters, transactional work, and legal issues. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position relies on experience and exercises independent judgment based on subject-matter expertise and the application of advanced concepts, techniques and comprehensive knowledge of processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides comprehensive management for multiple cases or projects, including those involving complex issues.
- Serves as liaison with State and local government offices, works with other City departments, and interfaces with the public as needed.
- Explains, applies and interprets rules, regulations, procedures, policies and precedents in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in writing.
- Performs complex research and identifies issues that may apply to the facts presented; reviews complex documents and identifies areas of potential concern.
- Prepares preliminary drafts of pleadings and legal documents, including contracts, ordinances, resolutions, and real estate documents for review by attorney.
- Drafts, organizes, analyzes and reviews legal documents and materials for attorney.
- Researches public records.
- Conducts research related to real estate; prepares documents for and assists with real estate closings.
- Prepares for and assists attorney at public meetings, depositions, and judicial or administrative proceedings including trials, arbitration, quasi-judicial proceedings, and mediation.
- Researches, drafts and analyzes requests for and responses to written discovery.
- Summarizes depositions and testimony for review by attorney.
- Assists in all aspects of pre-trial and trial preparation, including compiling exhibits, preparing and coordinating witnesses, and drafting witness lists, exhibit lists, subpoenas, jury instructions and motions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the City Attorney.
To Apply: If interested, please use this link to the job description and application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northportfl
Senior Legal Assistant, SWFWMD
Expires: January 21, 2022
Summary: Join our Office of General Counsel. Here is your opportunity to support our General Counsel Office as a Senior Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant is expected to support up to 6 attorneys who work primarily in the areas of administrative law, civil litigation, and contracts. The Legal Assistant may also be expected to provide support to the General Counsel in all areas within the OGC’s practice, including general administrative tasks, preparation of legal materials, calendaring, and coordinating important activities while assuring noticing of those events.
Due to the nature of the work, the Legal Assistant must have experience working with multiple people with multiple priorities. The successful candidate will have an intense focus towards organization and detail. Legal experience is preferred. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Samples of written material may be requested for any interview. A professional and polite attitude will also be required as the OGC works internally within the District as well as many outside organizations.
If you are confident in your skills, appreciate the feeling that comes from doing a good job, and wish to work in an environment that promotes professional development, this may be the opportunity for you.
The District supports a flexible work environment and remote work schedules so that employees can enjoy their time outside of the District.
For helping to maintain our valuable water resources, we offer:
Legal Assistant 4: $33,675.20 – $37,632.40
Legal Assistant 5: $38,188.80 – $42,681.60
Legal Assistant 6: $40,705.60 – $45,470.20
The starting salary ranges are included for the Administrative Support Specialist profile which reflects the minimum to 25% of the respective pay grades. The starting salary will be based on the education and experience of the successful candidate. The District conducts annual performance evaluations that may award applicable pay increases based on positive employee performance.
To Apply: For more information and to apply, visit the SWFWMD Job Details page for Senior Legal Assistant (0345).
About this Page
NOTE: Florida local government law job opportunities are posted here at no charge, for the convenience of CCLGL Section members. The Section does not endorse or recommend employers, and makes no representations or guarantees about job opportunities, or the accuracy of the information provided by posters, employers, or hiring entities.
*Posts will expire and may be removed from this page two months after being posted, unless a different deadline is provided or the post is renewed by the poster. The expiration date on this page may differ from the date the recruitment closes; contact the hiring entity to verify recruitment details.
If you would like to post a local government law job opportunity to this page, please send the information to email@example.com. Job opportunities posted in the Section’s Listserve may also be posted to the website. Postings may be edited for length if necessary.