Welcome to the Section
Welcome to the City, County and Local Government Law Section of the Florida Bar. Established in 1973, the Section is committed to providing our members with the highest quality CLEs, networking opportunities, and resources to help them be successful, knowledgeable, and effective local government law attorneys.
We encourage all our members to be active in the Section. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- If you’re interested in Section Leadership, reach out to current Executive Committee or Executive Council members to express your interest in serving on the Executive Committee.
- Contact Section Committee Chairs to assist with Section projects.
- Contact CLE program chairs to assist with coordinating CLEs.
- Attend Executive Council meetings to learn about the current business of the Section.
- Publish an article in the Section Newsletter “The Agenda,” or submit an article on behalf of the Section for consideration in the Florida Bar Journal or the Stetson Law Review. Contact the Committee Chair for each publication for more details.
- Attend our CLEs, seminars, and conferences to network with fellow members.
Testa v. Town of Jupiter Island - CCLGLS Response
On February 8, 2023, the 4th DCA issued an order of serious concern to local governments. In ...
As recovery efforts following Hurricane Ian continue, the CCLGL Section is here as a resource ...
Message from the Chair
I am honored to be your 2022-2023 CCLGL chair. For the past 15 years, I have had the opportunity to work with many of our section committees and members. As chair, I am committed to leadership, education, and using technology and other resources to recognize and enhance the efforts of the amazing members of our Section!
This year, we have a fantastic Executive Board. Tammi E. Bach is Chair-Elect, Peter Sweeney is Treasurer, and Victoria Mendez is Secretary. . . .