Welcome to the Section
Welcome to the City, County and Local Government Law Section of the Florida Bar. Established in 1973, the Section is committed to providing our members with the highest quality CLEs, networking opportunities, and resources to help them be successful, knowledgeable, and effective local government law attorneys.
We encourage all our members to be active in the Section. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- If you’re interested in Section Leadership, reach out to current Executive Committee or Executive Council members to express your interest in serving on the Executive Committee.
- Contact Section Committee Chairs to assist with Section projects.
- Contact CLE program chairs to assist with coordinating CLEs.
- Attend Executive Council meetings to learn about the current business of the Section.
- Publish an article in the Section Newsletter “The Agenda,” or submit an article on behalf of the Section for consideration in the Florida Bar Journal or the Stetson Law Review. Contact the Committee Chair for each publication for more details.
- Attend our CLEs, seminars, and conferences to network with fellow members.
Message from the Chair
Friends, the 2021-2022 Section year has begun, and we have some exciting things to look forward to in the year ahead! Perhaps most importantly—drumroll, please!—we can look forward to our first in-person annual seminar in over two years, in 2022. Your Chair-Elect (Janette Smith) is already plotting various ways to make our return to a live event exciting and memorable, so keep an eye out for more announcements!
While the transition to a new Section year is a good time to look ahead, it also affords the opportunity to reflect back; and as I step into the role of Section Chair, I have to express my deep gratitude for the outstanding leadership of our immediate Past Chair, Don Crowell, and his predecessor, David Miller . . .